Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ankara

Obama came to Ankara for a visit, as you all know, His picture was put up in the hallway and I thought it was picture worthy.



The things I love about Turkey, all the statues...










You cant tell from this picture, but after you go out of the castle there is three streets and they are just addorable!! Like old england. Oh I loved them so much... that must have been why 70 lira was suddenly gone after I left.. :D





This means, cheese worker. I just thought it was funny..






This is the famous spice market, just as you walk out of the caslte its here. It was really beautifuly and colourful.
















The castle, (sorry all my pictures are a bit scaterd around) This is the old Anakara caslte..which theres really not much left but it was still fun to go and see.




















This is the tallest tower in Turkey. I have no idea what it is used for. But we took the glass elevator up, danced and played in the wind. Then I took the stairs down!






































It was so windy and coold!














Dancing :D















And once again, AFS wrien on walls.

















Inside the Ankara Mosque.



































This old lady was like, "Can I take a picture with you??" of corse we said yes, then after she was like, "I cant believe this! My first pictures with strangers!".. ok what ever makes you happy.









































The view of the old getto from the castle.






















Sorry random, but this is leaving for Ankara.




















Everywhere we go we write AFS. The only funny thing is, everywhere we write it, its always on some historical site.. Only in Turkey :D

Walking through the getto to get to the castle.







































Now, to get here you must walk up a huge big hill then up 100 stairs.. So I had achevied much.






















We must of really adapted to the culture..





















































1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey :) I am an American student and I'm going to Turkey in August through afs!
How has it been?
What is the best/worst?

xo